Fountainville is a new scheme first opened in March 2015. The scheme is situated in South Belfast and is run in partnership with Beacon Niamh and Choice Homes Ireland. Fountainville consists of 4 x shared houses; 3 x houses with x 4 tenants + x 1 house with x 6 tenants.
Fountainville offers a structured period of supported living in individual rooms within 4 shared houses to clients who require 24-hour support from staff. Staff will support them in achieving their optimum level of independence, administer medication and continue with rehabilitation plans. The aim of the scheme is to increase independence to a level where the person is able to move on to more independent living. This may be to another scheme which is non 24 hour or to independent accommodation.
Fountainville is the first scheme within Beacon offering 24h support which includes a waking night duty alongside a sleeping shift.
Fountainville offers a wide range and level of person centered support. Keyworkers will support each person to develop a person centered support plan which will incorporate their Trust care plan. Support staff then support each individual to reach their goals focusing on health and wellbeing.
Support offered can include:
• Advice and support around volunteering, education + course opportunities
• Social activities: BBQs, cinema, walks, art (Anything of interest)
• Advice and support around finances, physical and mental health
• Provide opportunities for 1:1 support and group support
• Support in ADLs (Activities of Daily Living) shopping, domestic tasks, making/attending appointments, transport taxis/ buses etc.
• Wellbeing activities: Face masks, relaxation, nail painting, yoga, head and hand message
Fountainville support staff ensure close collaborative working with the multi-disciplinary team to ensure holistic care. Support staff will also work with the individual to consider day opportunities i.e. Beacon day support, Ravenhill and New Horizons with the intent in engaging in meaningful occupation and the outcome of building a healthy/meaningful routine.
Volunteers bring immeasurable value to all areas of Inspire’s work to support people living with experience of mental ill-health. Find out more about how you get involved with our work....