Abbeyview is an Inspire Community Wellbeing Service based in Armagh. Our aim is to provide care, support and encouragement to people with mental health needs in a friendly and homely environment. We aim to help those who come to our centre reach their full potential. Staff work together with those who attend to meet their individual needs.
Service User Involvement/Activities
- Music Appreciation
- Hair & Beauty
- Creative Movement and Dance
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Anxiety & Stress Management
- Creative Writing
- Walking Group
- Digital Photography
- Outreach activities
Newly developed activities and resources include:
- An allotment where we will soon be growing our own vegetables and developing the allotment. There is also the potential to gain NVQ qualifications in horticulture.
- We have just launched our Young Persons Group for those aged 18-35 meeting on Wednesdays and the activities will include swimming, gym, various sports, social outings, art, music, I.T.
- Later Life Group meets on Wednesday of each week from 2pm – 5pm in Dobbin Street Community Centre and is open to anyone over 60+. It is aimed at promoting and maintaining mental health and wellbeing. Tea & Coffee are provided at each session and activities include relaxation, music, dance, art, crafts, arm chair exercise, healthy eating, cooking, boules.
How to Contact Us:
11a Dobbin Street
Contact Us: Tel: 028 37528771