The managing absence workshop helps managers identify a system of initiatives, focused primarily on leadership and management handling of absence, linked to a comprehensive absence and performance management system.
- The causes of absence
- Dealing with the psychological issues and effects behind absenteeism
- Successful interventions to improve psychological ill-health and sickness absence
- Minimising tension
- Person centred approach
- Listening skills and pitfalls
- The problem
- Why measure absence?
- Cost of absenteeism
- Absence management in practice (referring to LSC Policy)
- Preventative measures
- Legal issues / Case studies
- Types of sickness / disability cases
- The future.
- Become knowledgeable about the psychological issues behind absenteeism
- Develop preventative skills in managing absence
- Recognise absenteeism costs to organisations
- Identify what managers can do reduce and manage absenteeism
- Examine the legal framework and relevant cases
- Understand absence management in practice.