This course is designed to enable participants to have a greater
understanding of Data Protection and how it relates to those who control data and those whose data is being controlled. An essential issue for any organisation that controls data.
- Why is Data Protection important?
- What is data?
- Manual data – relevant filing system
- What does it mean to a citizen, as a tenant, and as a client
- 1998 Data Protection Act (Schedules and Articles)
- New powers for the Commissioner
- Audit for compliance