The annual Inspire Workplace Wellbeing Awards and Mid Summer Ball, now in their third year, celebrate workplaces leading the way on employee wellbeing.
Nominations open today, Monday 9 March, and close on Thursday 23 April, with the Inspire Workplace Wellbeing Awards Gala to follow on 18 June at Titanic Belfast.
The gala will include a guest appearance from acclaimed Northern Irish singer Brian Kennedy and will be hosted by broadcaster Tara Mills.
Inspire Workplaces delivers a number of workplace wellbeing prevention and intervention services throughout the island of Ireland including counselling, training and the Inspire Support Hub, an online wellbeing resource.
Over 750,000 employees across Ireland are being offered timely support for a range of wellbeing issue.
Previous winners of awards are the PSNI, Northern Ireland Civil Service and Queen’s University Belfast.
John Conaghan, Group Director of Professional Services at Inspire said:
“The employers we work with at Inspire Workplaces are ahead of the game when it comes to understanding that investing in the wellbeing of staff is good for your staff and your business.”
“The very best employers are making the crucial link between physical, psychological and social wellbeing and investing in creating a cultural change within their workplace.”
“The awards allow us to recognise employers that are doing extraordinary work across Ireland and celebrate those achievements.”
Brian Kennedy added:
“I’m thrilled to be supporting the Inspire Workplace Wellbeing Awards this year and to be able to talk about my own journey through illness to recovery both physically and mentally. Its amazing that so many businesses now see the value in supporting employees at work. Mental Health and Wellbeing is now increasingly in the spotlight and we must do all we can to be kind and support each other. I encourage everyone to nominate their workplaces for the outstanding work they do for wellbeing.”
There are nine awards open for nomination:
- Excellence in Local Government Workplace Wellbeing
- Excellence in Public Sector Workplace Wellbeing
- Excellence in Private Sector (large) Workplace Wellbeing
- Excellence in Private Sector (small) Workplace Wellbeing
- Excellence in Community, Voluntary or Social Enterprise Workplace Wellbeing
- Excellence in Outstanding Employee Led Workplace Wellbeing
- Excellence in Promoting a Positive Workplace Private Sector (small) Workplace Wellbeing
- Workplace Wellbeing Innovation Award
- Outstanding Leader (individual) in Workplace Wellbeing