(Updated December 2020)
Inspire uses your data for administrative purposes to support and manage your volunteering role. These purposes may include, but are not limited to:
- Records Maintenance
- Health and Safety Obligations
- Identifying volunteering and training opportunities
- Communication about your volunteering role
Inspire uses the health data you provide:
- to keep you and others safe while volunteering
- in risk assessments, and to put in place countermeasures for identified risks
Volunteering is a role carried out in the public interest. Inspire must process your data to support and manage this role. Inspire must process your health data:
- for public health reasons, such as keeping members of the public and other volunteers safe
- to fulfil its duty of care for volunteers under Section 3 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
The processing of your data is not based on consent. You cannot withdraw it.
Lawful Basis for Collecting and processing your personal information
The law on information protection sets out a number of different bases on which an organisation may collect and process your personal information. We require your information to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and delivering our services to and with you.
If your volunteering role involves direct contact with a partner organisation or supervision by another volunteer, Inspire will securely share some information with them. This makes sure:
- you get continuity of support and management in your volunteering role
- the aims of a project or contract are met
Details shared may include, but are not limited to your:
- contact details
- emergency contact details
- training records
- personal risk assessments
- safeguarding checks
If you claim out-of-pocket expenses, Inspire will share your bank details with its internal financial payments support service.
Inspire respects your personal privacy when responding to access to information requests.
Inspire keeps personal data for:
- 2 years after your volunteering role ends
- 7 years if your personal data relates to a formal complaint or a reported health and safety incident
If you’re interested in volunteering, Inspire will keep your details on file for up to 6 months. If there’s not a role immediately available, Inspire will remove them.
Inspire cannot accept your offer to volunteer if you do not provide the information requested.
The information you provide is not used for:
- automated decision making (making a decision by automated means without any human involvement)
- profiling (automated processing of personal data to evaluate certain things about an individual)
Inspire will hold your data outside the EEA following the Brexit Transition period on 31st December 2020. Inspire have put in suitable safeguards (Standard Contractual Clauses and Data Sharing Agreements to ensure your rights are not impacted and ensure that an equivalent level of protection for personal data standards of information security are maintained.
So you want to be the person who makes a difference? Then you might just have come to the right place. Careers with Inspire will challenge and develop you. You will see first hand the difference that you can make in people's lives. Why not find out more here....?