Peter's Hill provides care and support to service users in their own home. We promote and maximise independence of young people and adults with learning disabilities and/or mental health issues. Peter's Hill provides care and support for 13 young people and adults in single self-contained flats.
• Day Opportunities
• Volunteering schemes
• Tenancy Advisory Group meetings
• College courses
• Use of local Leisure Centre facilities
• Multisensory therapy
• Arts and crafts
• Music therapy
• To provide support and care as appropriate to the level of need of each Service User
• To target and maximise the abilities and skills of the Service Users while recognising the need to give help and support
• To encourage the Service Users to become as independent as possible in life skills. Also to encourage Service Users to initiate new activities in daily living, provide a degree of variety and a range of choice
• To give Service Users the opportunity to live in mixed facilities that reflect each person’s individual choice and needs
• To ensure that Service Users exercise choice in all aspects of daily living. Levels of choice and responsibility must be realistic, therapeutic and within the range of individual abilities
• To ensure that the facilities reflect each person’s individual choice and needs and those Service Users are encouraged to have their own personal possessions within the limits of the scheme
• To ensure that tenancies are available to all
• To encourage Service Users to develop and sustain community networks and support and to use social and leisure facilities
The overall goal is to promote positive and full community integration.
28 Lime Court
Belfast BT13 1BA
Volunteers bring immeasurable value to all areas of Inspire’s work to support people living with a learning disability. Find out more about how you get involved with our work....