Mulhern Close Residential Home provides residential care for adults with a learning disability and associated challenging behaviors or complex needs.
It is a twelve bed service providing three separate bungalows with a single communal building for the provision of day opportunities and a multi-sensory room. Management offices are located in the communal building and separate from living areas.
Staff are trained to provide quality care to service users and work closely with statutory professionals, carers and family members to ensure the service is person centred.
Service User Involvement:
Examples of activities that service users can get involved with at our schemes include:
- Day care attendance
- Volunteering schemes
- Tenancy Advisory Group meetings
- College courses
- Use of local leisure Centre facilities
- Multisensory therapy
- Arts and crafts
- Music therapy
We aim to:
- Work towards reducing the stigma felt by those with Learning Disability
- Promote user participation
- Ensure our services are as integrated and as invisible as possible.
Examples are provided below:
Services are designed to offer another option in the spectrum of community care, catering for people who have a history of enduring mental illness. The overall aims of the Service are:
- To provide safe and effective care and support
- To provide long-term/supported accommodation while offering the opportunity of optimum levels of integration and independence
- To contribute to the reduction of hospital admissions
- To provide a home for as long as it is required
The aims will be achieved through the following objectives:
- To provide support and care as appropriate to the level of need of each Resident
- To target and maximise the abilities and skills of the Residents while recognising the need to give help and support
- To encourage Residents to be involved in every day activities and the development of life skills
- To encourage Residents to get involved in a variety and choice of activities
- To provide Residents the opportunity to live in homes that reflect their individual choice and need
- To ensure that Residents have every opportunity to exercise choice in all aspects of daily living
- To ensure that the Service reflects each Resident's individual choice and needs
- To encourage Residents to develop appropriate links within the community and make full use of community, social and leisure facilities
Residents are supported to maintain a healthy relationship with their family and friends. Their key worker will work with them to identify opportunities for activities to meet their individual needs. Each Resident is supported to develop a person-centred care and support plan which is monitored through a regular review process.
Where to find us:
58 Coolnagard Ave